An All-In-One Guide to Implementing Mechanics, Art Design and Programming for iOS and Android Games. Master mobile game design and development in this all-in-one guide to creating iOS and Android games in the cutting-edge game engine, Unity. By using Penny de Byl’s holistic method, you will learn about the principles of art, design, and code and gain multidisciplinary skills needed to succeed in the independent mobile games industry. In addition, hands-on exercises will help you throughout the process from design to publication in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Over 70 practical step-by-step exercises recreating the game mechanics of contemporary mobile games, including Angry Birds, Temple Run, Year Walk, Minecraft, Curiosity Cube, Fruit Ninja, and more.
- Design principles, art, and programming in unison – the one-stop shop for indie developers requiring interdisciplinary skills in their small teams.
- An introduction to essential two- and three-dimensional mathematics, geometry and physics concepts.
- A portfolio of royalty free reusable game mechanics and assets.
- Project source code, instructional videos, art assets, author blog, and teaching resources.
- Challenge questions and lesson plans are available online for an enhanced learning experience.