How’s your AI code writing skills? Think that you’ve got what it takes to create a champion NPC racing car? Have you taken my Kart Racing Game course on Udemy? Want to win a $100(USD) Amazon Gift Voucher?
This competition is aimed at finding the student who can write the best performing AI Kart Controlling code using the Unity project provided in the Udemy or learn.holistic3d.com versions of this course as of the 1st of June, 2020.
The project file was created in Unity 2019.3.7.
- You can only modify the code specified and that is to provide calculation values for speed, acceleration and braking.
- You cannot access code in other .cs files to exploit exposed variables or public methods to cripple the competition.
- The code you provide will be inserted into one of the AIController classes before each race round is run.
- You cannot create additional methods.
- You can only create local variables within the confines of the piece of code you are rewriting.
After opening the GameTrack scene in the project and pressing play, ten cars will appear on the track and begin to race. They will complete the circuit 3 times. The first car to pass the finish line will win the round. The given code base is a modified version of the project as it is by the end of lecture 49 in my course Build A Multiplayer Kart Racing Game.
To compete in this competition you must devise AI logic to beat all the other cars on the track in three laps. Races will take place in rounds of up to ten students each. Each AI car will be controlled by different student code.
Further instructions can be found in the instructions.pdf document inside the project starter file that you will find inside the Udemy or H3DLearn version of this course.
Your code can be submitted here before midnight (PDT) on the 30th of June, 2020.
Racing rounds will begin mid July and the winner will be announced by the end of July.